It’s been a busy week of exploring new concepts and processes within my work. Unfortunately, some did not go to plan, due to the lovely English weather!
Within a previous project I drew on paper placed on the floor. It picked up the subtle lines and textures from the surface. Where the paint had been chipped away and built up. I thought I could look at this further within my practice. I have started to look at the concept of drawing on site. Placing the paper onto different surfaces discovering new marks and textures within the process, using repetitive phrases.
Unfortunately during a larger scale drawing it began to rain… I was quick to grab all my stuff and get back inside. However, the droplets on the surface and the impact of the unpredictable weather, may also become part of the work.
In the meantime, I have ordered some Poly-morph plastic. With the potential of creating moulds from outside to draw within the gallery setting. Fingers crossed it might pick up the texture!